Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Harland Miller


I've had this image on my desktop for at least a year. I have no idea where it came from unfortunately (please do tell if you do) but I would click on it every once in awhile smile and close it. The main reason for pulling it in the first place was to use it as a reminder to not be afraid to create larger pieces. This is a goal I do have and will get to once I get all the smaller goals out of the way if you will. Then one day I actually read the title of the book and nearly fell off my chair laughing. For those who can't quite read the smaller type on the book cover it says...

"Incurable Romantic Seeks Dirty Filthy Whore" 

My next thought... is this book an actual real book? I suspected not and looked up it's 'author'.  Harland Miller is none other than the cheeky painter who created this piece. Have a look at some of his other works. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Here it is! Wonderful art, and the whole apartment is killer (especially the kitchen and bathrooms).


Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.