Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Anonymous Architects: Eels Nest

EN01

Can you guess where this house is located? Would you have guessed Los Angeles? Obviously there are some clues that it's in The States but that tiny frame had me thinking about Japan almost immediately. In fact it's width of fifteen feet is the same width of the tiny lots you'll find in Japan which the Japanese have nick-named Eel's Nest. A moniker that Anonymous Architects took on for their slender structure.

There was some extra work put in at the planning department to allow for an extra story to compensate for the small build-able area to which I say bravo to both sides for pulling together to make it happen. I can't help but root for the little guy it's just in my DNA. I'm also suffering from serious house envy lately especially in Los Angeles.

To see more of Anonymous Architects work head on over here.

EN02 EN03 EN04 EN05 EN06 EN07 EN08

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.