Friday, November 16, 2012

Tip Ton

TT01

I recently brought in to the office one of my street finds a vintage Eames Aluminum group side chair but it's a bit too low for the desk. I'm trying to shy away from a big fancy (and expensive) desk chair and came across the Tip Ton. Have any of you used it?

It seems to make perfect sense and being a gal it's true I statistically sit on the first few inches of my chair. Has anyone sat in it for a full day? How did it fair? One thing I do know is I'd have an awfully difficult time deciding between green or yellow.

TT02 TT03

2 comments:

silvia said...

I took a body conscious class while I was at Cal with Galen Cranz. She writes in her book that most chairs are designed for the average height of a man which is why women are more prone to developing varicose veins. The Tip Ton chair looks great though. I wouldn't mind sitting on one of those. Incidentally, sitting on hard a surface is actually better for your posture too. :)

Simone said...

Didn't IKEA have a chair just like that in it's 2010 PS collection? In black from a sort of recycled plastic mix. It was discontinued and now Vitra has something just like it. I sit on a stool (so no back) with wheels, very happy with that solution, I can just fly through the room with one push. I've been told that when you have no backrest, that's better for your back because it has to support itself.
Have a wonderful day!!!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.