Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sweet Alchemy

SA01

There are some typologies that I've longed for the opportunity to design and a sweet shop is at the top of that list. Over and over again you see them rendered in the same saccharin colors. Sweet Alchemy positively shatters that old stand by mold.  Kois Associated Architects* designed the space for a pastry chef in Athens, Greece.

Bravo Kois Bravo for not taking the safe route and for creating a space we all would like to visit regardless of our affinity for sugar.

*Why oh why do architects have the worst websites? Hint: Break it down to easy navigation and get rid of the flash!

Thanks to Yellowtrace for pointing out this stellar project.
SA02 SA03 SA04 SA05 SA06 SA07

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.