Thursday, November 1, 2012

Epaulette

EPAUL01 I was just talking with a dear friend the other day about how there is a dearth of clean and good looking framing options. You either have a choice of the plasticky (I know not a word but I like to make words up so too bad) off the shelf options or you spend a small fortune trying to get artwork framed.

Now, if I could get my hands on a Epaulette so many troubles would be solved. The Epaulette is designed by Caroline Olsson and Ida Noemi. Girls how can we get these babies into production? Pretty please.

The gals description of the piece...

With EPAULETTE we wanted to create a frame system with a greater flexibility than traditional frames, focusing on the corners. The corners of a frame is what defines the silhouette and could looked upon as the shoulders of a picture. Epaulette is the french word for a shoulder piece, which can be used as decoration or to show the rank of a uniform. The sides of the frame are held together by L-shaped corner profiles in copper, liberating the frame from any screws and fixed formats. The copper profiles are slid on to the corners as epaulettes and enhance the expression of the frame in a subtile, but characteristic way.




EPAUL02 EPAUL03 EPAUL04

2 comments:

em-k said...

really smart solution! does it come in brass? ;)

Kelly said...

I don't think they are available at all yet :( But I would hope there would be a variation of metals if they were. I feel like we should start a kickstarter for these gals since I know so many people who would purchase them.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.