Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NWBLK - Opening this week!

NWBLK01
The NWBLK Opening from The NWBLK on Vimeo.

The NWBLK
I've been lucky enough to be involved with some of the behind the scenes action of this new San Francisco design venture. A new type of showroom/gallery is about to open on the corner of Bryant and 18th street. The former brick warehouse was a sign making facility for mostly civic-minded warnings but has transformed itself into one of the most alluring collaborative spaces I've come across in the past couple of years. There have been so many changes to the industry with the success of DWR and now so any e-retailers that actual brick & mortar really have to offer us something different and experiential and The NWBLK does not disappoint. I look forward to watching it grow with all the minds and hearts involved in this venture I have high hopes for it's future. Stop in this Thursday and Friday evening for a closer look.

Be sure to check out the video above as it's a sneak peek into their interview series with the craftspeople and designers who will be showcased and contributing to this new space.

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.