Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Naomi Paul Gives Good Light

NP01

Naomi Paul states...

...Inspired by traditional craft techniques and the emotional attachment we all hold to materials, Naomi explores the possibilities of knit and crochet for interior application both for the home and commercial settings. (read more here)

While that might be true for some I'm not the sentimental type. I'm not so much interested in these pieces because they are crocheted but more in what she's done with a medium most would find dowdy and outdated. Granted this isn't new we've seen the reinvention of traditional crafts in a big way over the past few years (which I do love especially for it's tactility, which might be closer to what she was getting at.) but what matters is these feel new and fresh and at the same time classic. 


I had an instant emotional connection to them and immediately pictured them in large groups of monotone colors. Ten different shades of blue or pink or yellow would be an incredible way to create instant "wow" factor in any room. Check out more of her work. Here.
 
NP02 all photography via Naomi Paul

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.