Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sergio Rodrigues: The Selby (and me)

SR01

When I saw sweet Sergio's face on The Selby I couldn't help but share his photos since visiting his office was such a fond memory for me. Before I met him on my trip to Rio (Psst, he's in Rio not São Paulo, Selby) Everywhere my dear friend Jorge took the Mister and I, I kept seeing Sergio's pieces everywhere and calling them out. And Jorge would say... "oh that's another one of Sergio Rodrigues' pieces."  I was obviously drawn to their form and materials. Then Jorge surprised us with a visit to his studio.

He was so warm and inviting for someone who literally just stopped by unannounced. He stopped everything to show us around his studio and show us all of his prototypes and what he was currently working on. He even kept a reporter waiting in the other room. ( I felt kinda bad about that one.) And before we left he asked to see my sketchbook and then signed it. (bottom photo) He's surely one of Brazil's living treasures.

p.s. Some of my sketches while in Brazil

SR02 SR03 All photography by The Selby except the final photo by Kelly Waters

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.