Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Heath & Akio Nukaga & SF

AN01
I am so incredibly excited that Heath Ceramics has just opened (Finally, and in my neighborhood, trouble.) in San Francisco. I know, I know, we do have Sausalito but I couldn't help but look at Los Angeles with green eyes of envy every time they had another opening through some genius collaboration with a local artist. We weren't getting those at the original Sausalito location.

So when I walked by on their first day of being open and saw them pulling out these beauties I knew we were in for our very own show. Heath Ceramics And Akio Nukaga have teamed up again and the full collection will be on show starting July 14th Saturday.

The opening to meet the artist is July 14, 5-9 pm
San Francisco’s own Sylvan Mishima Brackett, of Peko Peko, shares tastes from 5-7 pm, paired with wine and Japanese beer.
 
See the work: Wheel Throwing Demonstration
Sunday, July 15, 2 pm
A very unique opportunity to see Akio at work. Open to the public.

AN02 AN03 all photography via Heath Ceramics

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.