Monday, June 18, 2012

Living in a Modern Way

CA-D01

The Mister and I took a short jaunt down to Los Angeles for his birthday. We re-lived his first moments with his Mom and then headed into the city proper for some outings with friends. On our own we grabbed a moment to catch the tail end of the exhibit on California Design at the Lacma. Unfortunately the exhibit is no longer so hopefully you had a chance to see it already. If not here are a few shots of mine from the show...
 CA-D02 CA-D03 CA-D04
I couldn't resist that Lobster suit.

CA-D05 CA-D06
They even reconstructed the entire Eames house... which you weren't allowed to take photos of so thus this shot from afar.

CA-D07 Incredible, I wish these were rings instead of pins.

CA-D08 CA-D09 And can you imagine having a piece of furniture in your home that beautiful built only for music. Both pieces are strictly sound systems and nothing else.

CA-D10 CA-D11
And a final stop at the Ed Cella Gallery to check out the Michael Boyd pieces.

p.s. Don't forget tomorrow is our second interview.

3 comments:

jessica obrien said...

that exhibit was awesome. i saw it early on and only wish i had returned more times to see it again. your pictures are perfect.

Kelly said...

Thanks Jessica;)

a m o u r e t t e said...

ugh! i wish they allowed photos of the reconstructed eames house! i want to see it!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.