Friday, May 25, 2012

Outtakes part two: Neil Søren Jorgensen

NJ07
One of the hardest part's of the editing was leaving out most of Neil's furniture. Most of it was built with leftover materials from the build-outs of both restaurants and designed by Neil. The side table above was my favorite piece by far and the only one that made it into the magazine but the rest also deserve a little love. The coffee table a simple 3-piece design of laminated wood, steel bolts and poured concrete top.

NJ08 NJ09
Neil's Frankenstein pieces above are such a great re-use for the cast-offs and casualties of vintage furniture hunting.

And lastly below, the massive dining table which I'm sure weighs a few thousand pounds (hopefully that floor was engineered to hold that weight!) is set up on massive cmu lintel's. I love that detail coming from an architecture background. Perhaps most of you are reminded of college years but the cmu to me is a beautiful raw building material and I love seeing it used in everyday applications. It's the balance of materials that counts. 

NJ10  
All photographs by Kelly Waters

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.