Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mater

MATER01
Sure you think of Denmark when you think of design and you think of Denmark when you think of leading the world in sustainable practices. But would you gather that the Danes are guilty of both at the same time. Well if you have perused or purchased any item by Mater you would know that to be true. We all know that these two ideals don't have to separate entities but hey do you know where that chair you are sitting in comes from and who made it and what it's made of? We should all demand a little more Mater don't you think.

p.s. Mater also carries pieces designed by Space designer of Noma in the previous post.

p.p.s. Speaking of who makes our products and where they come from. How about that iphone you are holding or that imac you are tap tap tapping on. Do you love you mac products as much as I do? You should really listen to last weeks This American Life. Perhaps Apple should talk with Mater?

All photos via Mater

MATER02 MATER03

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.