Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Greetings

MANIFESTO


Well, I up and disappeared on you without wishing you a Happy Holiday. Sorry about that. What can I say, life happens. I hope everyone is feeling refreshed and renewed. Can you believe it's about to be 2012?!  I feel like life is whizzing past at lightning speed.


Refinery 29 asked me to share my New Years resolutions along with some other talented folks and I happily obliged. Have a look over here to see everyones. It's based on my yearly read (should be more) of Bruce Mau's Incomplete Manifesto for Growth. I'm focusing on three big ones this year.


16. Collaborate. The space between people working together is filled with conflict, friction, strife, exhilaration, delight, and vast creative potential.


33. Take field trips. The bandwidth of the world is greater than that of your TV set, or the Internet, or even a totally immersive, interactive, dynamically rendered, object-oriented, real-time, computer graphic–simulated environment.


40. Avoid fields. Jump fences. Disciplinary boundaries and regulatory regimes are attempts to control the wilding of creative life. They are often understandable efforts to order what are manifold, complex, evolutionary processes. Our job is to jump the fences and cross the fields.


Photo via Bruce Mau Design

2 comments:

YHBHS said...

love those resolutions:) happy new year to you....

Kelly said...

Happy New Year to you too David. xo

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.