Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Studio Mama

SM01  
So I've known about Studio Mama for awhile but when a dear friend recently sent me her way to check out her trustle tables I was stunned by how much her portfolio has grown over the past few years. To be be perfectly honest if my portfolio kept heading in this direction I would be beyond ecstatic. A little this and a little that makes a gal happy... Or at least makes this gal happy.


I've included some of my favorite pieces from her portfolio...


The Beach Chalet above.
The Branch Out trustles
And her genius 1x1 Range


I also discovered something else. Nina Tolstrup is responsible for some of my favorite city guides. Guides I found while walking down some itty bitty side street in Copenhagen and into some itty bitty publisher on a rainy cold day. I had no idea! What a fun find. 

Thanks Silvia for reacquainting me with Nina's work. And as a p.s. Silvia was in Copenhagen the year before I was from the same school and the only person from that school that year too. Funny, no?

SM02
p.p.s. This week seems to have a Danish theme already. So completely not planned. Just like last week's Los Angeles theme.

photo credits: 
Beach Chalet - Nina Tolstrup 
Branch Out - Hector Serrano
1x1 - Richard Davies

2 comments:

silvia said...

i really miss copenhagen... have you gone back for a visit?

Kelly said...

Me tooo. I haven't which is sad since it's been sooooo long now. Where does the time go?

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.