Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Bronx

B01 B02  
Charged with coming up with the Holiday Cocktail this year the Mister and I (well mostly the Mister, I just taste-tested and gave my opinion, good job I have no?) took inspiration from this old booklet we found at Belle Mere's house. Aren't those illustrations gorgeous? We had to tweak the recipe a bit more to our liking though. Here's what we did. 

-2oz. Old Tom Gin (or whatever gin you prefer) 
-1oz Sweet Vermouth (we like Antica) 
-1/2 oz Dry Vermouth -1/2 squeezed Orange (we use Organic Valencia) 
Shake it up (or stir) and serve in chilled glass and garnish with an orange peel and cherry (we use Luxardo Maraschino cherries and not that fluorescent variety)

B03

2 comments:

Ajlounyinjurylaw said...

That's a great tasting drink, named after a great town.

Tyler said...

Yummy looks good.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.