Thursday, October 27, 2011

Huntington Gardens

HG01  
The Mister and I went to visit my Belle Mere for her birthday and took her to Huntington Gardens. This was partially because I enjoy taking her to places she wouldn't venture on her own and partially selfish as I had never been either even though I lived literally around the corner for years. My Grandmother would ask me every time she spoke to me "Have you gone to Huntington Gardens?" To which I replied "No, Grandma" with an eye roll thrown in for good measure. I figured it was some silly little Japanese garden that looked the same as all the Japanese gardens I've ever seen. Wow, was I wrong. Sorry Grandma. 

The property is so immense that it will have to be a place that I continue to visit as it is just too much to take in on one visit. Not to mention all the exhibits at the separate structures on the property that we didn't get to. I was particularly drawn to the desert plants, and cacti. They were so incredible I felt transported to another world. If you live in the Los Angeles area I highly recommend going don't wait like I did. That last photo at the end I included just so you could gather the scale of these prickly beasts. Extraordinary!

HG02 HG03 HG04 HG06 HG05 HG07 HG08

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ahhh! I love this post. I've always wanted to visit the Huntington Gardens but for some reason, I never carve out time for it when I'm visiting LA. Definitely getting my butt over there next time I'm in town.

jamie said...

oh i have been DYING to go

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.