Wednesday, September 7, 2011

YHBHS + LAMA

L+Y I cannot wait to see this exhibit! Congratulations David, what an honor to be working with such a fantastical collection. I'd love to know more about the guy behind the collection. 

If you are in Los Angeles it is a must see. Here are some details from YHBHS... 

"Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) and You Have Been Here Sometime (YHBHS) will partner together to produce a special interior showcase for LAMA’s Pacific Standard Time exhibit Collecting in Los Angeles 1945 – 1980. This 3 week exhibit explores the collecting practices of Richard Dorso, a native Californian, who at age 101 left behind a unique art collection spanning much of the 20th century. The exhibit will conclude with an auction of the entire collection on October 9, 2011." 

Auction: October 9, 2011; 12pm Noon (PST) Pacific Standard Time Exhibition 
Preview: September 19 – October 8, 2011. Open daily 10am – 6pm Auction, Exhibit. 
Preview Location: 16145 Hart St. Van Nuys, CA 91406

1 comment:

a m o u r e t t e said...

Looks like a great exhibit

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.