Friday, September 9, 2011

Ryan Ward

RW01 RW02 RW03
I was talking with a friend about his botched framing job the other day. He had to return the piece I think at least three times and have them redo it. This of course brought me to a previous conclusion. I am always underwhelmed when I take a piece to be framed. I'm never impressed and nearly always shocked by the price tag. Not that the price probably doesn't add up to the labor involved but I never feel it justifies the job done. 

That is until I came across Ryan Ward of United Measures on the design files. Incredible! I've never seen framing this lovely. The choice of wood. The incredible stains. The detailed (and sometimes flourescent) joinery. No wonder he has a wait list! Too bad he lives so very far away in the land of Australia. I'll give you one guess as to which city.... uh huh that's right, Melbourne.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.