Friday, September 23, 2011

I know how to cook

IKHTC IKHTC02  
I kept seeing this book at certain design stores for a couple years now. But, I hadn't heard about it from anyone yet. No one had blogged about it, nor reviewed it. At least none that I knew of but, I kept finding myself being pulled to it. Of course A LOT of that had something to do with it's aesthetics. It has everything you would want in a well done book. Elegant and readable graphics and type, beautiful illustrations, and clean well styled photographs. But, were the recipes any good?I finally gave in and picked up a copy from an old gift card I had.

Well so far so good and I love that there is an entire section on eggs. I think I'll work my way through that section first. I've already made oeufs cocotte and when you are busy busy cooking can be a great get away from work. We all have to eat right! 


Anyone else tried out this beast of a book? 


What are you all doing this weekend?

2 comments:

Lil said...

I have this book... I love it. I even made some Sable biscuits just today. And I can highly recommend Oeufs a la Neige - easy to make and impressive to serve! Have fun!

Kelly said...

Oooh will do.. I always need help in the desert department as it's not my speciality.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.