Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sea Ranch: the surrounds

MC14


Looking back from the bluff to where we were staying. It was foggy most mornings but cleared up by midday. The fog can sometimes get to me in the summers in San Francisco (which is why you must plan short getaways all summer long) but here it just felt moody and romantic. 

MC15

The Sea Ranch Lodge was literally a couple minutes walk from the condo. It was surely part of what made the stay so lovely because as much as I love to cook it's nice to know you can go somewhere special for dinner and so close. 
They currently have plans to remodel. I hope they find a way to keep those fantastic mailboxes and those exit signs! (below)

MC16
MC17

Our first day we walked the beaches. Something about combing for creatures at the sea's edge just makes me feel like a kid all over again. Not to mention endless inspiration in shapes, colors and forms.

MC18

MC19

MC20

MC21

Seriously! Could someone make me a ring or necklace that look just like these barnacles and mussels? I'd also like a dress of seaweed please. 

MC22


We finished our walk by climbing out on some rocks for a picnic. We were on one rock and some harbor seals were out on the other. We watched them and they watched us.

MC23
All the gorgeous flora.

MC25

The Sea Ranch Chapel.

MC26


Our last day we had our picnic above the beaches just off the trails. 

MC27


We can't wait to return.

6 comments:

Oliver said...

Went to this a few weeks ago. It was amazing. Heavily inspired by nature.
http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/objects/

Kelly said...

Aah yes;) You torture me Oliver. I really really hope this show travels so I might have the opportunity to see it.

Jason said...

We are already planning to steal another one of your vacations.

YHBHS said...

i can practically smell the sea air... i think i need to return to this beautiful area.

Kelly said...

I know David! I kinda fell hard.

amourette said...

breathtaking! i need to go there!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.