Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Have you met..

BUDDY


Buddy, our new house guest? Probably not since we just met him Saturday. And yes house guest is the appropriate term as he won't being staying with us permanently because when he graduates he'll be moving in with someone who is deaf or hard of hearing. 


We thought being foster parents for the Hearing Dog Program would be a good way to get our feet wet and see if we were cut out for co-habitating with a little pooch. Currently we are underwater as it feels like a 2 year old child just moved in with us needing constant supervision. Eep!  But I'll try to give updates now and again as to how we're all doing in case any of you all are interested in being a foster parent too.


And of course if you are interested please send any and all questions my way as they are looking for people to provide foster homes. 

9 comments:

Celia said...

HOW WILL YOU GIVE HIM UP?
(i'm tearing up at just the thought)

Vivi said...

Mark and I have been talking about doing the same thing. We definitely want to do this before we have kids...if we do. Remove everything from the floor...these cuties will put EVERYTHING in their mouth or pee on it! Congrats!

Kelly said...

@Celia... I know I know. But really if I were to be doing this on my own first time out of the gate I'd be a mess right now;) I'm already kinda a mess.

@Viv HA! yes many things have found higher ground from an inquisitive tongue and we've bought a baby gate in order to monitor him better.

Ella said...

He's adorable! I've long been considering blogging about my dog but can't seem to figure out how to segue into the topic. Pups are hard work. Best of luck!

Kelly said...

I hear you Ella... I sometimes wonder if if I should get so personal on here at first I never did but then I thought well it is a personal blog I think it's okay from time to time.

Kate said...

eek! what a handsome fella. that's such a great idea for a trial run and helping out.

Jami said...

Your pooch looks is identical to one I found in the street last month. I have been trying to find out his exact breed and was thinking he is an American Spaniel mix. Do you know?

We planned to foster and give him a way, because he needs more attention than our schedules allow. But alas, our hearts couldn't bear it and it looks like he will be staying with us for a while.

Jami said...

Wow! He looks exactly like my pup, who I found in the street last month. He is a spaniel mix and I am trying to figure out what the other half is. Do you know?

I planned on giving my pup away, but alas, he he tore on my heartstrings and looks like he is staying.

Kelly said...

Jami, we think he's a Papillon something mix... just don't know what. Good Luck this one is a handful too. I hoping we turn a corner soon;)

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.