Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A great example...

SH01
SH02

I was doing a little spring cleaning and deciding to get rid of piles of magazines about the house... as I was paging through my old Dwell's I came across this house/home in Singapore that I had fallen so hard for. I still love it! I love the contrast between the front historical facade and the rear modern one. This happens so often here in San Francisco too with our strict code on historical structures. And that Kitchen with that impossibly large dining table and open to above. That Kitchen! I must have that kitchen. And that enormous rear door, I'll take that too. Alright just give me the whole house already. I'm moving in!


via Dwell

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Hey kelly, I remember this project, I must have the same old dwell. I love it when years later I still connect with a project, it's usually the ones that are simple, honest, have a unique character, a most of all somewhere I can see myself living!

Kelly said...

Air!!!! I miss you. I hear you. Every single detail speaks to me... reminds me of places I designed while still in school. Now only if I could find the right client.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.