Thursday, August 18, 2011

Arthur Bispo do Rosário

ABDR01
ABDR02
ABDR03

In case you missed this incredibly talented artist's work over on Album Carioca I thought I'd repost it here. His body of work had an instant emotional connection for me. 

His life, kind of tragic... well by my standards perhaps not his. While I think his work speaks for itself I do wonder if we have as a society an unhealthy fascination with unstable and eccentric artists. And on the other hand perhaps his refusal to blend with society allowed him a wonderful wonderful way of viewing the world which he shares with us. Ahhh.... fell into my own trap didn't I, romanticizing the ill of mind. But who am I to judge what is the illnesses the of mind.

via Album Carioca 
photos via Imaginario Poetico

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.