Tuesday, July 19, 2011

David Bailey's Box of Pin-ups

DB01

I've had this in my ebay watch list since my favorite illustrator said it was the inspiration for her book Watkin's box of pin-ups. I've been waiting years in vain for her book to arrive in the states but still no word of it. Anyone in Sweden want to help me acquire it?


Well for the first time a couple of days ago David Baily's box of pin-ups, the original inspiration, turned up in my inbox and I was instantly delighted and extremely disappointed since one look at that price tag meant this Box of Pin-ups will Never find a place on my shelves. On the the other hand I was elated to have a peek at the infamous box. Perhaps one of you dear readers have deeper pockets than I and would like to invite me over for a full viewing?

2 comments:

Ella said...

Great find! Unfortunately for me too, free shipping doesn't count for much when it's $6k...

Kelly said...

Haha, yes Ella good point;) This is the first time I've seen it in years of having it on my alerts I wonder if that is the true price. Wow, if it is.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.