Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bedroom Blues

BB01
BB02


For some strange reason I have yet to get a handle on designing our bedroom. It should be so easy but I never like ANY sheets or bedding companies. I want dark and sultry and everyone wants whites, lights or sunny. And if you can't get the bed right you surely can't move on to anything else. Thus we've been stuck in a holding pattern in the bedroom.


Recently I've really been thinking about quilts not just because they have been popping up nearly everywhere but because my Mom has picked it up as her craft in recent years. There's just one problem... even though I can appreciate the art of quilting I have modern tastes so finding something (yes again like above) that peaks my interest is difficult. These quilts by building block seem in to be in the right direction. 


And that last photo is of some tile work in Brasilia I took while I was there. Mom suggested making this into a quilt. My first thought was no but if the blues were indigo dyed fabrics and I swapped out the doves for either a different color or a different shape perhaps it could work after all. Thoughts?


building block found via Rena Tom

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.