Monday, June 6, 2011

To bench...

BCH01


...or not to bench. When we were growing up we had a bench on one side of the dining table. And a tour of Sam Maloof's place showed me he believed in benches. I think the tour guide even said that Sam enjoyed the bench for his visitors because it brought them all to the same level and forced common courtesy. But personally being someone who always reserves the aisle seat on a plane so I don't have bother the person next to me when I have to pee 15 times. (Of course that never happens when I'm in the aisle just when I'm stuck in the middle or the window.) I'm not so sure I could enforce such sanctions on my guests. Privacy or Community? Either way they sure are alluring.

from the top left clockwise 
Katch DesignCo. Lucky Beam Bench via Remodelista
unknown (can you guys help me with this one?)
Sam Maloof
Uhuru Summer Snow Line

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.