Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Speaking about Rio...

SFA01
SFA02
SFA03
SFA04
SFA05


There is no doubt that the Storefront for Art and Architecture has been kicking it for some time now in a serious way but these photos they posted of their latest exhibit blew me away. It also had me thinking, why don't we have a non-profit like this here in San Francisco? Los Angeles has the Materials and Applications outdoor exhibition space (not the same I know but similar) but I don't think we have anything that supports built environments. Perhaps I'm wrong? Do you know of one? Hmm....

photography: Brett Beyer

2 comments:

O said...

I suppose one could argue that SPUR would be similar, or possibly the recently launched pop-up spaces of the Museum of Craft and Design, but yes you are right, SF sadly doesn't have anything like Storefront.

http://www.sfmcd.org/#

http://www.spur.org/

Kelly said...

Good Point O, we also have Public Architecture and Architecture for Humanity here as well but again they have completely different missons.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.