Thursday, June 2, 2011

BIBA

BIBA01
BIBA02
BIBA03

So, I've been busy busy busy and one of my many current projects had me researching Biba. Who I found out about when I was having my wedding dress made. Basically I had found a 1930's dress that fit me perfectly from some socialite of the time here in San Francisco. I even have photos of her and some have even said I look like her. Funny huh.

Anyhoo, I was schooled by the place that made the modern version of my dress that Ossie Clark and Biba completely took inspiration from the 20's and 30's and from Vionnet the designer that very obviously was the inspiration for my original design. Well, not much more to say about that but I just thought I would share.xo K

Oh another fun fact, Barbara Hulanicki the genius behind Biba, she was also one of the first designers to turn Miami Beach around into what you know it as today. And that's what she's been doing to this day. It's not really my aesthetic but I find individuals who have the ability to move across mediums so fluidly quite interesting.  Have a look

2 comments:

nsm said...

Oh i love this blog have so many things so fun,and beautiful.

take are and have a fenomenal weekend.

franka
▲▲▲

Kelly said...

Thanks Love;) Lot's of fun in NSM land too.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.