Friday, May 27, 2011

The yellow rose...

BH01
BH02
BH03
BH04

I don't know if Barbara Hill would appreciate me calling her such but while growing up 'the yellow rose of Texas' was often recited to me as something special, something I should be proud of. I even received yellow roses for my birthday year after year. This was because I was the only one born there and I only lived there for the first year of my life. The rest of my life was spent moving back and forth between Florida and California. The latter I obviously felt most comfortable in as that is where I have chosen to spend most of my adult life.


But if I would have known that an individual such as Barbara exists in Texas perhaps I might have tried to spend a little more time there. Besides SXSW and the city of Austin I haven't had much of a pull towards Texas but perhaps I now have an excuse to do a little exploring. Besides aren't stereotypes fun to bust to pieces. 

p.s. I found Barbara's work through research for a project I've been working on that I can't quite tell you about just yet. And the photos above are her own place that was originally an old dance hall. 

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.