Monday, May 30, 2011

Adding Machines

KT01
KT05
KT02
KT03
KT04

A mechanical engineer's dream collection of mid-century adding machines.  Actually, that is exactly what you are viewing photographed by Kevin Twomey. As it often happens the creative intent of Twomey evolved from photographing the evolution of that handy dandy adding machine the calculator once he discovered these mechanical relics and an avid collector of them just 3 miles from his studio. Kismet!


Kevin also created an incredible video about the story of the collector and his knowledge of his acquisitions. You really MUST view it. I uploaded it here but blogger really compromised the quality so PLEASE follow this link. And of course come back and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

amourette said...

these are amazing

Kelly said...

Aren't they! If you haven't watched the video do so now. It's so well put together.

agnes szucs said...

incredible!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.