Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lunch with Mr. Oda

LWMO-01

I hadn't visited Mjölk (virtually anyway) in quite a while. It's a darling little shop in Toronto focusing on Scandinavian and Japanese design. Two design ideals that I have always thought went hand in hand, as if they are relatives of each other. I find it interesting that two cultures so far from each other can be so much alike.


Juli and John, the owners of Mjölk recently went on the most breathtaking tour of Japan and posted all their travels on their blog Kitka. Like I would, they searched out artisans, designers, makers and collectors of design so it was a true joy to peruse through each stop and visit they had. I singled one out. The photos you see here are all from their visit with Mr. Oda a master historian of Scandinavian design. These are all of his home where he has collected many unknown and rare prototypes from the most well known Scandinavian designers. Head on over to Kitka to read all about it. 

LWMO-02
LWMO-03
LWMO-04
LWMO-05

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.