Thursday, March 17, 2011

Too many hats...

TMH01
TMH02
TMH03


Forgive me for being in absentia, I've been wearing a few too many hats and it gets hard to juggle sometimes. So again this space may be on and off for a bit until something concrete lands in my lap. And more than likely it's not going to 'land there' I'm going to have to scratch and claw my way to it. Wish me luck.


On another note this gal (that would be me) has always LOVED hats. I love to see that more and more people are brave enough to don a chapeau. C'est moi in the top row there in my vintage Kangol. I'm not sure what year but I'm guessing from the 60's. I would guess the thirties but I'm not sure Kangol was making toppers for ladies yet. Anyone know? (photo by my talented and dear friend Viv) All other credits can be found over on my pinterest board.

p.s. I want to cry a thousand tears that this dress is not in my closet. 

9 comments:

Robin said...

Can I ask you what you use to make the collages of pictures in your posts like this post?

Kelly said...

Sure... just plain ol'photoshop.

Vivi said...

Love this post. You keep me motivated. I have been living in my own suppressed caché the last couple of years and your halcyon days continue to remind me of what I was and what I have yet to be...I know this probably makes no sense, but I have a feeling you'll know what I mean...I think I am just going through my blue period...Thanks for your colorful posts. Kys kys

YHBHS said...

good luck! but you will be missed in cyber land here:) supporting your new endeavors, but keep us uptodate, ok?? :)

Vivi said...

FYI: The fabulous and blurry pic I took of you was taken at the Standard Hotel in Downtown LA in 2004. Do you remember?

TC said...

lovely blog! so happy to find it...

s said...

ah, so beautiful...beautiful you and beautiful hats.

s said...

ah, lovely lovely you and lovely hats!

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, it is especially nice to read them after a shaky start to a new week. Whew, the end of the week will be better!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.