Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Those that inspire...

                                         
I've been busy as of late working furiously on trying to make some of these long time hopes a reality. In doing so I've had to write an awful lot about well... myself. That project is gut wrenching to say the least. So, I've been trying to investigate those that really inspire and try to put my finger on what exactly it is that they house within  themselves that I identify with. This is in hopes that it will bring me a little closer to being able to say somewhat eloquently what I'm all about.  It's like a pep talk from those you admire most.

And boy do I know that feeling that Ilse Crawford is talking about... you know when you hand over your baby to the client. What I don't think I've mastered is that second part just yet. Have you?


Do you know what I'm talking about here? How do you promote yourself humbly but forcefully? Please do send your advice. xo k

3 comments:

Vivi said...

I love Gestalten TV. I have been meaning to post videos from here. Great publishers too. I know what you mean...

said...

i always find it more interesting when people talk about why they made a work, and general principles about their work. I guess putting the work first is the approach I find most interesting, as opposed to themselves. THough sometimes they're hard to separate, good luck!

Kelly said...

Oh yes I agree... but I think I have to add some of me too to show personality... as it seems just as important these days in working with people and getting the work if you know what I mean. Writing about the work and how you got there is the easy part for sure. Thanks!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.