Friday, February 25, 2011

Brazilian Beasts

Today you'll have a special treat. I inquired if my dear friend Jorge would be interested in a guest post now and again, mostly because every time I visit Album Carioca I want to steal all his posts away and I cannot keep poaching. Jorge is a multi-talented cat with nine lives for sure, as he's been a well known stage actor in Brazil, a designer and artist, and now an art director for films in Rio de Janerio. I can think of no one else who would be a better guide to Rio de Janeiro, actually if I could I would bring him with me anywhere and everywhere on my travels I would as he has a knack for keeping me on the edge and off the beaten path and he can charm his way into almost anywhere. Seriously! You should see that skill first hand, it got us into the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brasilia (aka what would be the U.S. equivalent of Hilary Clinton's manse) so I could see the artwork and famed staircase. We were promptly kicked out after looking a little too much. Anyhoo, I'll let Jorge take you around the neighborhoods by beasties...

Have you ever seen the Simpsons episode when they come to Rio and are chased by a bunch of wild monkeys? Or any Hollywood movie filmed in this neck of the woods featuring famished piranas or huge snakes? Hi. I´m Jorge, Halcyon Days international correspondent based in Rio de Janeiro and I tell you : IT IS ALL TRUE! There are monster beasts all over town.
ANIMALS01
 Downtown near Cinelandia

ANIMALS02
Lapa and Ipanema

ANIMALS03
Santa Teresa, Whats that?! In Flamengo, Urca

ANIMALS04
Catete

ANIMALS05
Catete and Flamengo again

ANIMALS06
SAARA and Botafogo


Well, mostly lions, but then they get all that fabulous p.r. stuff about being the king of animals and so on. Be back soon, if Kelly lets me, of course. 


What a silly thing to say Jorge of course you can stay, as long as you like. xo

1 comment:

Vivi said...

I love it...great post. I have to get more creative with my posts, I am easily bored. Kys Kys

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.