Thursday, January 27, 2011

Up in the clouds

JH01
JH02

Since I'll be up in the clouds shortly it triggered a memory of Jacob Hashimoto's work. I came across his work when I was looking for creative ways to turn "the barn" into another dreamy world for our wedding a couple of years ago. We ended up in a different location so no clouds were created but I'm still dreaming of them.


And on another completely unrelated topic, I was listening to my Grandmother wax on  last night about a very generous Japanese gentleman who took her and her daughters out many times while she was raising them on her own in New York. I love that story. Apparently he would invite them to dinner and as they walked to China town he would run into more and more people he knew and he would invite them along too. By the time they got to the restaurant there would be at least 20 people along for dinner and he always picked up the tab. I wish I had a photo of him.


And Kate's Los Angeles weekends are having me green with envy;) Not sure how people can hate on L.A.

1 comment:

agnes szucs said...

wow, and wow!
xo
agnes

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.