Sunday, January 2, 2011

Unexpected Jewels

BM01


I've mentioned before that visits to my Belle Mére's home always end up with an unearthing of family lore and in turn my delight. My family has just never saved anything and to be honest I must have inherited that "get rid of it" bug. I'm sure the constant uprooting and moving has something to do with it.  

These were I believe the Mister's grandmother's all hand-beaded with metal beads. Has anyone seen anything like them? If so please do tell as I have just inherited these beauties. I've never seen anything like them. 

By the way she also gave me one of her old gowns from the Seventies that she doesn't wear anymore and I'm so over the moon about it. I wore it on New Years Eve and couldn't walk more than a few feet without getting a compliment. It's exactly this dress except in a red/orange. Love!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, what beauties!! My family doesn't save much, but also doesn't invest much in things that I'd want saved for me anyway as they're all rather poor and unsentimental. I'm always a bit jealous of people who have family heirlooms, fancy or not.

Lil said...

That dress is AMAZING! ....so jealous.

Kelly said...

Oh Kate yes my family too.

And Lil It's been so long since I've heard from you. I can't wait to catch up through your blog.... must have lost it along the way. And yes the dress is pretty great.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.