Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scout Regalia

SR01
SR02

I stumbled upon Scout Regalia and instantly thought um... why haven't I heard of them before? If you haven't noticed I'm not exactly your architect's architect. You have been reading this blog haven't you? Scout Regalia is everything I've been looking for in an architecture studio, multidisciplinary, open-minded, fun name that isn't the principle's name. Okay, so that last one isn't all that important but sometimes it would be nice to see a few more architecture firms that don't sound like lawyer's offices, am I wrong? It is exactly the kind of firm that Los Angeles germinates and supports. (So what's up San Francisco? Yea, I'm talking to you.)


Their project above Dingbats 2.0 is just a competition (one they happened to win an honorable mention for) but what I wouldn't give to see it realized. Wouldn't you want to live there? You can read more about the details of the project over on their site


thanks ink + wit for the heads up

1 comment:

Michelle Linden said...

I am totally with you.... I always gravitate toward firm names that aren't named for their principals. I feel like it can tell you something about the firm, whereas a last name firm only tells you who is collecting the money.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.