Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sam Maloof's place

SM01

I have an embarassing confession. I hadn't been to Sam Maloof's house/workshop until this holiday break. Umm, yep, it was like 15 to 20 minutes from my school and I could have gone when Sam was actually still walking around this earth but somehow I missed out on that opportunity. So when he passed away last year I thought...
This is ridiculous and quickly put it on my must do list. 

So here you are part one of two. All photos are taken from the exterior as there was a 'no photography' policy indoors. YES, that was extremely painful since the interior was, let's face it, where it's at. This was an artist and a woodworkers' home after all. Although I think I got some pretty lovely shots from the perimeter. Hope you enjoy them.

SM02
SM03

Forms and jigs hanging in the workshop window. It is on the same site as the home.

SM04

Every single door had completely different details. Some had four Different hinges on ONE door. 

SM05

The doors to the workshop were the same accent blue that reoccurred on the rooftops and doorways throughout the complex. It's such a great color and it really popped.
 
SM06

I fell for these gorgeous draperies hanging in a room that wasn't shown to us. 

SM07
SM08

Garden details and the original guesthouse which is now the visitor center. Part two tomorrow. xo

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.