Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Practicing restraint

HCM01
HCM02


Out shopping this past December for a few more holiday gifts I came across this book. The Mister informed me that under no circumstances was I to purchase it. Boo! I assumed that this was going to appear under the tree, but Christmas has come and gone folks and there is still no book.


It's getting really hard to hold back at this point, especially when I keep seeing it on every blog and a dear friend even wrote about the author in an article that graced the pages of the Chronicle. Not to mention holding back on books is not really my strong suit. So kids that have acquired this treasure already... is it as good as it looks? Tempt me. On second thought don't. 

By the way this is making the rounds, sooooo good!  
And another book I'd like to get my hands on.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oooo that book looks amazing. You have tempted me now too.
xx

david john said...

its a fantastic book. run to buy it! she's a good photographer to support.

amourette said...

and now i want it too!

Sherman Unkefer said...

What kind of tree were used in the stairs. I am looking for opinions on what is the best kind of wood to use for my stairs.

Kelly said...

I'm not sure Sherman as it's difficult to tell from that photo. But I would suggest a hardwood. The harder the better. An engineered hardwood would be the most resilient. Unless you don't mind the wood getting a patina over the years then you could go for something softer.
It's also difficult to suggest not seeing your specific stair design.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.