Monday, January 10, 2011

Architect, Painter, Physicist

RR01

Well since I just shared with you Jorge's place I thought I would share a place that Jorge shared with me and well you too if you cared to look, just kidding of course. Darling Jorge has just started his own blog and I for one couldn't be more excited that my tour of Rio de Janeiro will continue from afar. 

The home you see is that of Roberto (an architect and painter) and Rosinha (a physicist, probably the coolest job, besides perhaps a psychologist/neuroscientist). Their treasures and curating skills make for a warm and modern home, don't you want to just curl up with a book in that living room. And I really just love a red door.

RR02

The mix of antique and modern pieces assures you that the place isn't too precious, something that can be forgotten when reading up on all those design tomes. 

RR03
RR04

I'm assuming this is Roberto's studio space. How perfect to have your studio so close to you. A place you can leave everything out so you can return to it just as it was. This is so important in the creative process don't you think. I really need to work on this myself... our next place needs to have a studio space not just an office.

RR05

...a few more details shots. The iconic Eames lounge and hallway full of paintings beautifully framed. If you would like to see more head on over to Jorge's blog Album Carioca. Oh and one more hint, click on his photos to view them full size. xox K

2 comments:

ashley said...

what a beautiful place--- i love that tiled wall!

Kelly said...

Hello Ashley;) Miss you.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.