Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tree is up and gifts are wrapped

CT01
CT02
CT03

Well almost, it is a mad dash to have it finished by this week. As you see we went for a little tree this year. I can't imagine not having a tree but the 6 footer always seemed to block what little light we get this time of year coming in through the living room that the little guy is a nice change. 


We picked up some lovely wrapping paper at Arch including a couple by one of my favorite illustrators, Sanna Annuka. I'm also thinking of moving away from the black Christmas tree filled with blackbirds, maybe next year will be "under the sea" Do you theme your tree?


P.S. The Mister plays Christmas music the entire season (much to my chagrin) and while we have got quite a collection, if anyone has a suggestion of what to add to it to keep things fresh please send it along. This is what we have so far...

A Charlie Brown Christmas
Elvis' Christmas Album
A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra
Burl Ives The Very Best of Christmas
Hipsters' Holiday
Dean Martin Making Spirit Bright
Bing Crosby White Christmas
Nat King Cole The Christmas Song

Update: The Mister says I forgot...
Andy Williams Songs for Christmas
Chet Baker  Silent Nights
George Winston's December
Snowfall The Tony Bennett Christmas Album
 

5 comments:

jamie said...

nice!!!!!!!!

man i need to get wrapping.

yeah, this is the first year our tree has gone in the window corner, and i am def noticing the light it is blocking. hmmmmm.

there is a Mojo magazine christmas compilation that is not bad, if you can find it. ah: http://www.amazon.com/Mojo-Presents-Blue-Christmas-Flaming/dp/B0014HBQOM

also check out the flashdance's christmas playlists.....

http://www.theflashdance.com/index.cfm?catID=12

ps- did i ever thank you for the sweet c&q mention? THANK YOU!

Kelly said...

Of Course Jaime;)

and I'll have to check those out, thanks for the recommendations.

Celia said...

much to your "chagrin"? KELLY, christmas music is one of the best parts of the holiday season. top three, hands down. duh.

mele kalikimaka is the thing to say...

Kelly said...

Ha! Celia.... i guess that sounds kind of Grinchy but I think it's the over and over day after day part of it that gets to me. That and those hideous mixes that are sent to the retail outlets. I feel so bad for the people that work there.

stofnsara.com said...

Boney M? Cheesy but the most cheerful cheeky Christmas music ever. Ever. (I love it. Others decidedly do not.)

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.