Friday, November 19, 2010

A Real Classic

BB01
BB02
BB03
BB05
BB06


While downtown, I thought I'd try and see another classic treasure, that embarrassingly enough I've never seen. The Bradbury Building. You've seen it haven't you. No? Sure you have. (Just scroll down for appearance in popular media.) You've at least seen Blade Runner no? If not you better put it in your Netflix queue or we absolutely cannot be friends.


When we arrived it was "closed for filming" Geez, hasn't it been in enough films? So I couldn't get all the shots I wanted as their "lighting" was in the way. But I got quite a few, and enough of them to share here. What's that you say? Of course I was trespassing. I came all the way to see it and I wasn't going to let a film crew keep me out. We made it all the way to the top floor and even got to ride in the glorious elevators where we heard over our Elevator attendants walky talky...
"kushhhhhit (best walky talky noise? how would you spell it?) they are going down in the elevator kushhhhut" Ha!


And when we exited the building the sun was shining on that splendid mural (last photo) right across the street. Awesome.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Beautiful building. The elevator looks amazing!
xx

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.