Monday, November 1, 2010

Dining with Friends

L01

I normally conclude after a barrage of images but thought since I had a comment or two throughout I should at least introduce our host Virginia Breier. My dear friend Jorge invited us to a dinner last time he was in town (3 years ago) where we met Virginia a Grand Dame, with impeccable taste and a keenness for world travel. She really has an eye that I admire. We were (the Mister and I) invited again for dinner this time at Virginia's abode where she acquiesced to my request to photograph her place while I was there. She has until recently owned the gallery V. Breier Gallery on Sacramento Street. 

L02

I loved that Virginia served us our soup in mugs before we sat down at the table. I'm definitely going to steel steal (sometimes you would think I didn't know the difference, I do but sometimes I miss them) this suave trickery  of hosting.


L03

My absolute favorite piece in Virginia's place. I'm not sure who the artist is all I know is that he is from Portland.


L04

I was quite smitten with the general too. And look at those enormous roladexes, I wonder what intriguing characters are to be found inside them. 

L05
B01
B02

Bathroom photos, I had to add since they had such a different feel from the rest of the house. 

H02
H01

A couple shots of the pieces in the hallway. I couldn't resist showing you the MJ piece even though my lens has distorted it. 

D01

We dined with many friends. 

D02

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.