Wednesday, October 13, 2010

masculine feminine

M-F-03
M-F-01

I've been playing a bit with a new concept for a new project. The qualities of masculine/feminine in one individual. I don't mean androgyny necessarily but encompassing the very feminine and the very masculine in one entity. The first image that popped in my mind was YSL's le smoking by Helmut Newton. There are the icons like Katherine Hepburn and Marlene Dietrich and Kate Moss. Sophia I inherently think of as feminine but wow does she look amazing in a suit. There are the films like Victor Victoria and Yentl even but these are all women encompassing the male. Are there male examples? Does David Bowie fall into this realm or is he too androgynous?

1 comment:

Whimsy Being said...

Cool inspiration for your project. I recently watched Annie Hall and many of Diane Keaton's looks played with masculine and feminine styles =)

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.