Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Next Stop - Viceroy

VICE01VICE02VICE03VICE04VICE05

Next place we checked into was the Viceroy. The Mister and I stayed at the Avalon when we first met and loved it, so we thought it fitting to explore another property designed by Kelly Wearstler.


There were many things I enjoyed about the property, the lanterns in the trees, the service, the very private and manicured poolside, the yellow and black color scheme throughout, the service (did I say that already?), the light fixtures in the entrance and the cheeky greyhounds on every patio. We both really enjoyed the restaurant Citron as well and will definitely return. But in comparison to the Ace and the Korakia (where we stayed for the wedding) the Viceroy was not my favorite. I feel guilty for even writing this but everything seemed a bit expected and I realize that I sound completely jaded here but I was even a bit bored. It was a perfectly lovely place but it lacked some sort of genuineness something that kept me from feeling that it was the luxe and luscious property it claimed to be. Thoughts? Have you stayed here and felt completely different?

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.