Friday, August 13, 2010

Wirkkala for the weekend

TWTW02TW03


Another lovely book from Modern Artifacts. Chris (of Modern Artifacts) told the Mister recently that I never purchase the books he wants to get rid of. Ha! 

Sorry about that Chris, I just like what I like and apparently it's what you like too. I've always thought your job would be so difficult, collecting every little thing that spikes your interest but then having to sell it.... oh how do you do it.

Loving my new purchase (first in awhile since my book purchasing budget has been seriously slashed) Tapio Wirkkala. (Don't you just love the those crazy Finnish names?) is really quite something, you can see the inspiration of each piece of work through his extensive photography work and his sketches.  If you've ever wondered how a designer works this is the book you should get your hands on.

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.