Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Basics

BA01
BA02


This past weekend I went looking for more information on Albert Frey. William Stout, is the place to go for such things, but unfortunately the one book they did have was kind of a mess. But they directed me towards the Taschen basic architecture series which, at first I didn't think much of. I figured they would be really surface with not much in them but I was pleasantly surprised. They actually gave quite a thorough overview of the architect, with a decent amount of photographs and drawings, and for only $10. Now this is no monograph or theory driven heavy book, so if you are looking for such, these are not for you. But if you were looking for a near pocket size quick informational. Pick one up, here or at William Stout, they have a few that are no longer on the Taschen site.  

p.s. Hello to any art/design book publishers. I would be happy to review your books if such books were sent my way.

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.