Thursday, July 22, 2010

Look who's in the paper...


Wow, so do you realize how difficult it is to concentrate on getting any work done when the San Francisco Chronicle decides to put your mug across datebook. Answer a few emails, read alot more, um okay right what was I doing, oh yea, drawing a kitchen, okay hahaha, that's funny, thanks, uh right, where is that tool, copy, paste, rotate, move, oh thanks... blushing... okay Concentrate!


But all in all, so much fun. And to let you in on a secret I knew who one of the other bloggers was before the printing. I mostly kept it to myself except for a couple friends (otherwise I might burst.) one of them being Celia. We had a lunch date and I slyly mentioned I had some good news... she replied back um, so do I. For a split second I thought perhaps she's one of the bloggers too... then quickly thought... thats Crazy!

Turn's out yes! I love reading her blog, she knows just how to express what she's feeling which is always pretty close to how I'm feeling... such a better writer (I'm obviously not a writer, I'm just posing as one, hello, it's all about the pictures for me.) then I'll ever be and she has this endearing quality that will make you love her in an instant. 

I was delighted to find out that Jordan was one of the girls, because she's serious with it and I was surprised I didn't already know about Caitlin.  A lovely and quality group to be included in. 


So, a big thanks to super talented Leilani (She writes for 7x7, the Chron, Readymade, and her own blog, as well as others I'm sure I'm leaving out) for thinking it would be a good idea to include me too. A big thank-you to Hanh who took my photo. (She's quite talented folks if you need a photographer) Also, many thanks to Deborah and the art department too!


Oops I almost forgot you can read the article over here.  And a big hello to all you new readers, I hope you'll come back for more.  xox K

9 comments:

jamie said...

so rad, you guys! congrats.

Celia said...

YAY YAY YAY!!

p.s. you just had to make me cry, didn't you?

Leilani said...

I see my master plan to keep your identities a secret was foiled!

K said...

Thanks Jaime!!! xo

K said...

Haha Leilani... well perhaps you didn't mean to keep it a secret but you did bcc us ;) Thanks Again! I can't wait for the meet up.

theue said...

yay! and look how lovely you are!

ashley said...

you girls are all amazing! congrats!!

debi van zyl said...

so great! congrats ;)

K said...

Thanks Theue,Ashley, and Debi. xo

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.