Monday, July 19, 2010

larger sculptures and smaller ones




If I weren't to continue down the path I'm on and I veered to the left or right, I'd surely start working with wood and furniture. Micro-architecture... still might. Alma Allen sure has me dreaming of running away (with a new pup) to some vast open spaces to create beautiful objects. I love that if I don't give you a sense of scale the smaller sculptures on the bottom could be just as large or larger then the furniture pieces above.


I found out about Alma Allen through the opening of the Ace Hotel and Commune design. His shop existed on abbot kinney after I left Los Angeles and was gone before I returned. His turned pieces are really lovely.  Have a look for yourself.


Hope everyone had a lovely summer weekend. It was a lovely one here. xo


Oh and the Jaime Oliver of modern architecture.

2 comments:

jamie said...

oh tell me about it.

have you checked out his blog, which documents building his non prefab joshua tree home? rad.

K said...

ummm nope where is that?

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.