Monday, May 10, 2010

Dear Vera



I've had a love affair with Vera Neumann's scarves from the first time I came across one. What I didn't know is that she did napkins, tea towels, and aprons too. (among other things) What a lovely life. Drawing and painting every moment and applying those images to the items that surround you.


I began my ebay search for a few items but kept deleting them from inbox each time trying to convince myself this was not a need, but a want. And wouldn't you know it that when the Mister and I were down visiting my Belle-Mére, I came across a few Vera napkins while setting the table. She then went through a few more things and managed to find an apron and a couple more napkins and gifted them to me. I really couldn't be luckier!

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.